Welcome to the blog for Embroidered Originals, where I'll keep you up-to-date with all the goings on at our little cottage industry. You can also view our website and shop online at embroideredoriginals.co.uk Marion x



Tuesday 24 February 2009

Things to come

No photos tonight. It's late and I'm tired. So why don't I just go to bed? Daft.
Anyway, Valentine's is past and Mother's Day is approaching, along with Spring (I hope). The Workshop has been freshened up and no trace of Christmas is left!
I had a busy day on Saturday, for this time of year, which was encouraging and I hope it continues. We have a new range of candles on display, made in Scotland by a company called Dekassa. They are scented, in little tins, and have our designs from some of our cards on the lid. Karen, from dekassa, has licensed the use of five of the designs for a start, with five more in the pipeline. They make great companions with the cards to match.
Today was very mild, and I was drawn out to the garden in the afternoon. The shop is closed on a Monday ( our day off ), and Bob and I usually have a swim in the morning - I can do 40 lengths to his 50. So this afternoon, I went out to survey the damage after months of neglect.
I like working in the garden, but have been somewhat put off since last summer when I managed to drop a very heavy boulder on to my right hand, and broke the index finger. Even after all this time, it is still not 100% healed.
Anyway, today I filled ten refuse bags of leaves and detritus. A start made.
It was back to card making tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails