Welcome to the blog for Embroidered Originals, where I'll keep you up-to-date with all the goings on at our little cottage industry. You can also view our website and shop online at embroideredoriginals.co.uk Marion x



Wednesday 26 August 2009

Last week at West End Fair

Where are the photos you promised, I hear you say.

Excuse - I couldn't find the camera on Sunday when I went through to Edinburgh. Of course it was where it should be when I got home, but I swear it wasn't there in the morning.

I promise I'll capture the last day ( this coming Sunday) on film - some more stands, the last gasp of shoppers and the dreaded packing up. That last bit is a complete nightmare.

You'll see why in the next post.

But so far, so good.

The weather has of course been changeable to put it politely, and there's no getting away from the fact that a wet day = less visitors. But there have also been good days, Saturday was a stonker and Monday and Tuesday of this week too.

We've got into the fine tuned West End Fair routine now - Bob is there every day with a plenty of work to do so he doesn't get bored and I'm at home running the ship.

There have been a number of late late nights ( record was 3.02am by the alarm clock when I went to bed). Not partying or carousing I'm afraid to say, but burning the midnight anglepoise in the workshop.

Now that the end is nigh, it's possible to raise one's head and look towards the following week where the Dundee Flower and Food Festival is waiting to grab us and say - " No time off for you yet!" That's our next event, just a week away...groan..
And now for something COMPLETELY different.............

No way, that's not me! It's Laura, our daughter "zip-lining" hundreds of metres above the forest floor in Ecuador. This is part one of the big adventure she and Greg have embarked on for the next ten months or so.

I can't imagine where she gets this dare devil streak from - it ain't me! Could this be the same little girl who looked so demure and pretty all these years ago?!!

Well, lunch break over and back to work.

1 comment:

  1. Glad the fair has been going well - look forward to seeing more pics :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails