Welcome to the blog for Embroidered Originals, where I'll keep you up-to-date with all the goings on at our little cottage industry. You can also view our website and shop online at embroideredoriginals.co.uk Marion x



Monday 11 April 2011

Bright and Early

Here I am, 6am on a Monday morning, bright eyed and bushy tailed after a good sleep and ready to start the week.
When I woke up and realised that I wasn't going to get back off to sleep  (5am) I thought, right, make the most of it, get up and polish off the monthly accounts and VAT before breakfast! That way I can be up to date and feel smug. Send out the statements to our trade customers who are due to pay, and nudge the ones who are a bit overdue to pay. Then do all the other little chores before whizzing off to the swimming pool for a refreshing 40 lengths, visit a couple of our stockists, post out the weekend's batch of orders from the website....and all before lunch.
Way to go!!
So anyway, here I am, now 6.39 am - I haven't opened my accounts package yet but I have played two games of solitaire, read all the new tweets on Twitter  and caught up on some of the blogs I follow.
And as you can tell I'm also updating this blog.
But as my old primary school teacher was always telling us -
                                                 Procrastination is the thief of time.
So I'm off to another part of the computer now (oh yes I am) and not Twitter or solitaire. Accounts here I come!

2 comments:

  1. Procrastination is the thief of time
    I've not heard that before but it is certainly true. It's amazing how much more I can accomplish when I organise my time and don't allow procrastination to move in.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails