We're just home from Glasgow after three days at Scotland's Trade Show. I don't have time or energy to say much tonight, just a few snippets of the weekend
* Our new stand display did the job admirably - a worthwhile investment ( photo soon)
* I made tartan bunting ( finished at 3am on Saturday morning) to add some colour to the stand. It was special "Embroidered Originals no-sew" bunting - bondaweb and staples were the main ingredients. I will get the sewing machine out and go over it properly - some day.
* We took a satisfying number of orders, with a good percentage of new customers. So look out Banff, Galashiels, Stewarton and Toronto - our cards will be in your shops soon!
* I met old friends and made new ones, chatted and gossiped in the quiet times of the show.
* Answered some strange questions from visitors to the stand - like - "If I was to buy 35,000 of these cards, what would you charge me?" Answer - 35000 times the cost of one card! No discounts for bulk buying when each card is made by hand! ( I don't think I'll hear from that potential buyer again)
* Came home with very sore dry eyes - I think the dry atmosphere of the SECC was to blame.
* Spent 3 nights on my own in a good little hotel just a few minutes' walk from the SECC, which is as good as a holiday. I could please myself with the remote control ( rare treat!), read mags, eat naughty things and catch up on lost sleep. Bliss.
Talking of sleep....