Welcome to the blog for Embroidered Originals, where I'll keep you up-to-date with all the goings on at our little cottage industry. You can also view our website and shop online at embroideredoriginals.co.uk Marion x



Tuesday 5 January 2010

Retro style

Following on from last night's outpouring, I've made a start.
I am increasingly drawn to the very retro 60's and 70's styles which are current favourites in textile design. I'd never have thought they would have returned, but they have in a big way.
A quick rummage under the bed unearthed a portfolio of textile designs - you guessed it, from the 1970's.
I've scanned some and put them up here  - not sure what I'm going to do with them yet, if anything, but I may play around with them as backgrounds for cards. No copyright issues as they are my own designs, and they are truly antiques.





These are colourways of one design, each of which was laboriously handpainted in gouache. I've just been playing around with these scanned images in Photoshop and produced another 2 dozen or so colourways in 5 minutes. What I would have given for a glimpse into the future in 1975!

Next job is to decide how to use them. I'll get back to you on that one. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

  1. So glad to have found your blog, you're a very inspiring lady. I love all of these designs, very me! How about making one into your own blog background?? I think they'd look fab. If you need any help on how to do it just ask, if you can use photoshop - it'll be a breeze!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely designs - so many possibilities! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pardon my ignorance, Janet, but I had to google Peter Max to find out who he is - now I know! Could do with some of his success!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails