Welcome to the blog for Embroidered Originals, where I'll keep you up-to-date with all the goings on at our little cottage industry. You can also view our website and shop online at embroideredoriginals.co.uk Marion x



Tuesday 17 March 2009

Good day sunshine

Well it's been a good day. The sun shone and it was spring- like warm, at least in the morning anyway. The birthday girl - see below - enjoyed opening her presents and liked everything. We usually go shopping together on a Tuesday morning, and I casually mentioned as I dropped her off that there was a new posting on my blog she might be interested in. I left her to it, and came home to work in the afternoon.
It's a joy to work in my newly clean and tidy workshop, and so far, I'm keeping it that way. (Wait till you see it on Thursday, Barbara!)
Got through a pile of wedding cards and prepared a batch to paint as "homework" for the evening.
Then I scooted back down to Mum's to take her out for tea. She said she'd read her piece and it brought a tear to her eye, and that the description isn't really her...but it IS!!
Anyway, we drove along to Lower Largo and I treated her to very posh fish and chips in the Crusoe Hotel. They are served in newspaper ( a bit of patter, not batter!) and the fish is as fresh as can be in a delicious light beer batter, and the chips are real, not frozen, and very tasty.
To end the day, she went home to watch a DVD ( romcom), the first of an online subscription - birthday present from my sis, and maybe indulge in a choc or two.
I meant to go to bed before tomorrow, but tomorrow is today now and I'm still up, but not for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails